Ballymena Road Club wish to invite anyone interested for refreshments in the Ballymena Club rooms after Billy's funeral tomorrow. You can also post your condolences and memories of Billy on the Ballymena RC club website - www.ballymenaroadclub.co.uk.
Cycling Ulster wish to extend their condolences to the family and friends of Billy Kerr (Ballymena Road Club) who passed away last night. Kerr was one of the greatest riders the province ever produced, winning provincial and national titles, the Tour of the North, Tour of Ireland, An Rás and the Sealink International in England. He also rode the Commonwealth Games on two occasions and represented Ireland in the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow alongside future Tour De France Winner, Stephen Roche. Please see statement from Ballymena Road Club and funeral arrangements listed below.
Patrick Withers (Admin Officer)
Billy Kerr R.I.P. From Ballymena RC
Ballymena Road Club Officials and Members where saddened to learn of the passing of their former club member.
Billy passed away peacefully at Antrim Area Hospital Tuesday 14th August, 2012.
During his time as a competitive cyclist he represented Ballymena Road Club and Northern Ireland and brought huge success not only to the club but the Borough as a whole.
We extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to the family circle at this sad time.
Funeral arrangements below.
The funeral will leave Billy’s home at 43 Glenariff Crescent, Ballymena, BT43 6ET at 2.30pm on Sunday for burial at Kirkinriola graveyard in Ballymena.
Family flowers only.
Directions to Graveyard
Belfast along West Link
1. Head east on A12
2. Take the exit onto M2 Heading North direction Londonderry
3. At junction 1, take the A26 exit to Antrim/Ballymena/Coleraine
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Lisnevenagh Rd/A26
5. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A26
6. Continue onto M2
7. At junction 11, take the A42 exit to A43/Ballymena/Broughshane/Cushendale
8. Turn left onto Broughshane Rd/A42
9. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Frys Rd
10. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Cushendall Rd/A43
11. Turn left onto Bally Rd
12. Slight right to stay on Bally Rd
Ballymena Road Club Committee